Thank you to everyone that participated in our 2020 Safe Space Discussions this month.
While we realize that all of the hurt and trauma caused by centuries of racial injustice cannot be healed by just 90 minutes of talking, we hope that these safe space discussions at the very least provided some comfort in knowing that you are not alone. AAELC is here with you, crying, praying, and fighting for a better day.
Also, we want to send many thanks to our facilitator and City alum, Dafna Gauthier. We encourage you to check out her website and social media platforms for additional tips and resources (MindsetCounseling.com, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram)
And, here are some additional resources that were mentioned during the sessions:
- City of Sacramento’s COVID-19 Employee Resources
- City of Sacramento’s Telecommuting Program
- Communication Guidelines for a Brave Space
- Courageous Conversation About Race Protocol
- Courageous Conversations
- Managed Health Network (assistance for City employees and family members who may be experiencing emotional and family problems, financial hardships, legal matters, or substance abuse issues)
- National Forum on Demonstrating Care for Black Employees
- Psychology Today
- Therapy for Black Girls
- Therapy for Black Men
- Your Black Colleagues May Look Like They’re Okay. Chances Are They’re Not